“Renuda’s professional approach made them a great development partner.” – Pascal Roux, General Manager, TAS
| Software development
Software development applies to the creation of scientific software applications for private or public use. Common to all our development is an uncompromising emphasis on user-friendliness, efficiency, integration, maintainability, clear specification, rigorous testing and documentation.
With expertise rooted in academic fundamentals of scientific software and computing, our software development is guided by our user experience, studies and research, and our intimate knowledge of user environments and applications across a range of industries.
We cover a range of applications from partial equations solving and parallelisation to writing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) for new and existing codes. We offer solutions built on object-oriented languages such as C++ or Java, or more traditional fast number crunching scientific languages such as C and Fortran. Development platforms include Linux and Windows.
| Examples of development projects we have undertaken
User friendly instinctive, multi-platform GUIs for new and existing codes: CAD, Meshing, Model input, Run and solution management, Visualisation and Analysis. For example, developing and implementing pre-processing software for case setup and preparation for industrial turbine flow design software.
- User friendly instinctive, multi-platform GUIs for new and existing codes: CAD, Meshing, Model input, Run and solution management, Visualisation and Analysis. For example, developing and implementing pre-processing software for case setup and preparation for industrial turbine flow design software.
- CFD solver development: Restructuring, clean up, validation and implementation of additional functionalities. For example, re-architecturing of CFD solver including: real gas and steam capabilities, boundary conditions, flux formulation, outputs.
- CFD solver parallelisation: OpenMP and MPI based acceleration of multicore, multithread applications and HPC. For example, parallelisation of turbine flow solver.
- Implementation of multiphysics models in third-party and open source, general, 3D CFD codes.
- Multiphase, multi-fluid methods development and implementation of Eulerian and Lagrangian algorithms and models in R&D and commercial codes, Eulerian frameworks (separated, VOF, Level Set) or Lagrangian, Combined Eulerian and Lagrangian methodologies.
- Liquid film, solid particulates models, stripping and droplet deformation models (primary and secondary breakup models accounting for drop shape during flight).
- Heat exchange and phase change; evaporation, boiling, burning, liquids and solid particulates.
- Polydisperse flow models.
- Implementation and integration of surface to surface radiation capability.
- Development and implementation of compressible flow and kinetic models for blast and detonation problems.
- Cooling towers modelling.
- Particulate collisions modelling.
| Code development approach:
Fluency in a given coding language is essential but not enough to ensure that the software will meet the client’s expectations. Understanding your requirements, our coding experience and knowledge of user environments are key elements vital to meeting your expectations, ensuring that we:
- Establish the purpose and context of the software in relation to its ultimate end users and expected outcome.
- Clearly define the specifications and functional requirements of the software and together identify the use and test cases.
- Build the application in stages, with regular reviews and feedback from your end users Deliver the final product with relevant documentation, tutorials, support and training.